Friday, December 2, 2011

Ring "Bear" Pillow

A little boy was in a relative’s wedding.
As he was coming down the aisle, he would take two steps, stop, and turn to the crowd.
While facing the crowd, he would put his hands up like claws and roar.
So it went, step, step, ROAR, step, step, ROAR, all the way down the aisle.
As you can imagine, the crowd was near tears from laughing so hard by the time he reached the pulpit.
When asked what he was doing, the child sniffed and said,
“I was being the Ring Bear.”

This reminds me how cute kids can be as well as the darnest things they can say.  I am so excited that my precious nephew will be my Ring "bear" as I now like to call it.  He is super excited too.  I recently completed his pillow and took it over to show him.  I have to admit he pretty much knew exactly what to do with it.  He held it upright and just walked around with it.  He will be a cuttest little ring "bear" ever.

Here is an inspiration picture I got for my pillow since I knew there was no way I could afford it.  I decided to do my own:



My sister was kind enough to give me her old pillow but i mostly just used it for the shape and the filling.  I completely re did it and this is how mine turned out.


I am pretty happy with the results.  As it matches the look were going for a little more so than the Etsy one does.  But a little inspiration never hurts anyone, right?

So ladies, tell me.  Are you going to DIY your pillow and do you plan on having a Ring "Bear" roar his way down your aisle as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment