Wednesday, October 15, 2014

31- Lifes Just Begun

Life certainly has thrown me some curve balls this last year in turning 30, Life has also been beautiful and life has shown me some tears.
I am now a Mommy to a Beautiful baby girl.
I had a miscarriage in Early July and then another at the end of August.
I have suffered depression on going back to work and leaving Annie and then depression again in losing not only one baby but two.
And I am still struggling to feel "OK" in my new skin as a mom. (stretch marks and all)

As I am wrapping up the final months in my thirtieth year I really want to start focusing on a better me.
My New Motto- "31- Life's Just Begun".
I want to feel better, look better and be a better version of me.
Not only for myself but for my family.
I know they say looks aren't everything but sometimes it does really get to you.
Your clothes feel tight.
You have a little roll the bulges out over the top of your pants.
Nothing fits right.
Nothing looks right.
I sit in my closet looking at all these clothes I just wish would fit right again.

Its those types of things that make me insecure.
Maybe not for everyone, but for me yes.

As you know, I started taking Plexus about 6 months ago.
I love the product.
I feel like I have more energy.
I can actually cook and clean and play with Annie in the evenings now.
I can focus at work and on other tasks at hand.
And, yes, I have lost weight 14 pounds to be exact.

But....

I still feel that I need to do MORE!
I really need to get my butt back to the gym.

So as a promise I am making to myself I am going to get back to it.

In 16 short weeks I will be 31. 
THIRTY-ONE!!!
Yikes that sounds kinda crazy right?
Well, I want to be feeling better about my body image by then.
I want to feel better about what I am doing with my time and with my health by then.
I want to read more and watch less TV.
Work out more, and not spend so much time on Pinterest. (My guilty pleasure)
Spend more time on the floor playing w/ my daughter and less time doing dishes and cleaning.


I want to start on this now while she is young so I can get back into a rhythm of having a healthy lifestyle all the while taking care of her and Aaron.
I want to do it now, so that when she is 5 and 6 she is not seeing how awful I feel about my body.
I am her mom, she looks up to me and I know that this could potentially reek havoc on a young girls mind.


Now is the time. 
Now is the Place.


If you'd like to follow along I'd love to have you join me for the ride.

I'll be posting more details about what is up my sleeves!!

Until then....



No comments:

Post a Comment