Thursday, July 23, 2015

Annalise Update: 17-20 months

Sweet girl is 20 months old!!!
I can't believe I will have a 2 year old in just a few more months.

Enjoying our evening walks

Little girl is just growing up.
I don't have any stats on her weight on her height as our next Dr appoint wont be until she is officially two.  Two!!  How do I have an almost 2 year old?? 


One of the many trips to the Dr office- this was the day we finally decided to do the tubes

 Her favorite thing to do, play in the pool on the weekends, of course Popsicle in hand!

I can say since the last post she has made huge strides as far as her speaking and mobility!  We finally decided back in May to go ahead and have Annie get tubes put in her ears and have her adenoids taken out.  It was mostly based on the fact that she had been so sick the last year of her life.  Basically an ear infection or cold once a month sometimes several times a month.
Waiting for her tubes and adenoid procedure. She was all smiles and such a brave girl.
 
Since her procedure on June 14th her speech has grown so much.  She went from speaking maybe a handful of words to learning new words almost daily now!  We are so very proud of her.

Enjoying her favorite fruit- bananas

Words: Momma, Dada, Babba, Baby, Duke (dooo), Lucy (ooh-Cee), Ball, Frog (Frahhh), Juice (Ooooce), shoes, toes, nose, book, Mi-mi, Gi-Gi, Abby, and I am sure there a few more I can't think of right now.
First trip to the beach- she loved it!!
 
She has started to identify her body parts which is just too cute for words.  She can locate her head, her nose, her mouth (she always sticks her tongue out when I ask) her toes, her ears, and her belly.
She always pokes her baby belly out far too so she can see it!

Girl loves to dance and is starting to sing a little, which of course I love. I can't wait to put her in the two year old dance class in town with my niece.  She will have a ball!

2nd zoo trip- she especially loved the monkey
 
When she wants something she has started grabbing our thumbs (not our hands or any other finger, it has to be the thumb) and will lead us to where she wants to go or show us what she wants.  If girl doesn't get her way its game over!!  She throws the best tantrums and has the biggest tears and her face turns pink almost instantly.  Sometimes I just can't help but laugh at her because she is so ridiculously dramatic.

Our first girls only tea party....we let daddy watch
 
Timeout has become a regular thing at home now.  She has gotten so used to going to timeout that most time I can just tell her to go to time out and she will walk to the timeout wall and put her head against it.  If she turns around to look at me and she sees I'm looking at her she normally turns her head back to the wall. We are working on sharing and our tantrums- that's the reason for pretty much all timeout! 


She started a new daycare this month and seems to be developing even more.  She will clap and do hand motions when I sing songs to her like the "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" and of course "If your happy and you know it!" which has always been one of her favorite songs.  She has also been the victim of being bit for not sharing and gone to timeout at daycare a few times for not sharing.  So if anyone has any pointers out there for this momma I'm all ears!!

Need I say more??
 
Bedtime is still a piece of cake with this girl.  Aaron and I have a very strict routine for her from day one and it has totally paid off.  If you can do anything with a little one is to set up a routine and stick to it.  Come 7:15pm little girl is winding down, enjoying her milk, snuggling her Dada and as soon as I tell her its time for bed she kisses us all goodnight and will walk to her room.  I can only hope potty training will be that easy!!


Early Morning wake up call

Annie girl,
You are just too perfect for words.  You make me so happy and proud to be your mommy.  I know daddy is more firm that I am but he loves your just the same.  We hate having to put you in timeouts sometimes but we know that we are just helping you grow to be a good little girl.
You are so strong willed in having your way sometimes, and I know you get that from me your daddy.
You just love  music and the movie Frozen and Tangled so much. Anytime any of the songs come on you just stand up and start turning in cute little ballerina circles. 
You continue to amaze me daily how much you learn and the things you comprehend. I will always remember the day I was testing you and asked if you needed a clean diaper and you shook your head yes. I then asked if you could go and get me a diaper and you shook your head yes again.  Then I asked if you understood me and you shook your head and turned around went to your room, grabbed a diaper and brought it to me. From then on I really knew you were taking in everything around you.
I hope you continue to learn, and grow and find things that strike your interest.  Mommy and daddy will do our best to continue to teach you and raise you to be the best person you possibly can be.  We hope that God will continue to be as much part of your life as he is ours.
You are starting to hold your hands together when we pray before dinner and the other night you actually said Amen after we said your bedtime prayers.  You are getting there baby girl.
Mommy and Daddy are so very proud.
I love you!
Mommy and Daddy

Girl puts anything in her mouth! We have to watch her all the time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment