Monday, August 31, 2015

Easy Lasagna



So I was asked to make my famous, not so famous lasagna by my mother in law this weekend for her birthday dinner.
I thought I would share with all of you my easy recipe.
Most of family doesn't like the traditional lasagna because of the ricotta cheese.  I would be one of them!  Ick!
However, I still love the meat and cheesy goodness that comes from the layered dinner.
I came up with this recipe years ago and it has been a hit since!


Ingredients:
1 pound of Hamburger
Ready Bake Lasagna Noodles
1 large Jar of Ragu Pasta Sauce (or your favorite jar of marina sauce)
6 cups of Mozzarella Cheese
Favorite seasonings





Directions:
Brown Hamburger meat in a large skillet, adding your favorite seasonings as desired. I add about 1 teaspoon of each of the following:
crushed red pepper, basil, oregano, onion powder, dried minced onion, black pepper, garlic powder,
(I find this adds a lot more flavor to your meat than if you don't add anything)
Once your meat is browned add in your can of sauce to your meat and bring to a boil-stirring occasionally so it doesn't stick.
Next, spray your casserole dish with some non stick cooking spray and then add a little bit of sauce to the bottom of the dish.
Layer your ready bake pasta to the bottom, usually 3 pieces will cover the bottom. Then add a layer of your meat sauce mixture.  Then top with about 2-3 cups of mozzarella cheese.
Repeat.

Once you have your two layers add remaining cheese and then I like to add a few dashes of Parmesan, and a few dashes of garlic powder and some more basil to the top.(see picture below)
Bake in oven uncovered for 30 minutes at 425 degrees.
Pull out and let sit about 10 to 15 minutes and then serve. should be bubbly and slightly brown on the top



This is seriously the easiest dish to make if you are trying to impress your family!!  Oh and there won't be any leftovers so you can double it up and make an extra batch to freeze!!

Enjoy!!








No comments:

Post a Comment