Friday, November 30, 2012

How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria....

Choosing the new Maria that is.  For the Sound of Music.  Yes. You hear me correctly!
They are making a new "Sound of Music" and I could not be more ecstatic!!

Call me crazy but I love me some sound of music.  The music, the story line, the characters.  Just one of those all time perfect in every way kind of movies/ musicals.


And guess what?  They picked none other than my most favorite country music singer Carrie Underwood to play her.  I am so thrilled for her to be given such the honor to play the next Maria following Mrs. Julie Andrews. (She's still amazing!)

“Speaking for everyone at NBC, we couldn't be happier to have the gifted Carrie Underwood take up the mantle of the great Maria von Trapp,” said NBC Entertainment Chairman Bob Greenblatt in a news release. “She was an iconic woman who will now be played by an iconic artist.”

 
Are you going to be anxiously awaiting the movie to come out like me?  Are you even more excited to see it on the big screen?

No comments:

Post a Comment