Monday, November 26, 2012

Thankful Thanksgivings

I have been really bad about blogging here the last few weeks. Work, audits, busy weekends, puppies, babies, the hubs and a bunch of other things have been keeping this southern belle busy busy.  Not that I mind or anything but I am ready for a slow down. 

I know many blogs that I follow have been listing all that they are thankful this Thanksgiving so I thought I would give it a go.  I have been so crazy busy that sometimes Aaron and I remember we need to stop and smell the roses and give thanks to God for all the good that he sends our way.

As some of you know our family has been hit with quite a bit of tragedy the last few months but just like the Colligan's- we pull together and support each other and just try to be thankful for what we have rather than dwell on the bad that has come in our lives.

So rather than explain the bad I will be thankful for the good!!

1- My Husband

 
 
I know now more than ever, after only 9 months of marriage that I picked the most wonderful man to share my life with. He is my rock, my comfort and most certainly the shoulder I can cry on. He reminds me when life is too hard and I can't take anymore to just be still and sit and let it be. Take a breather for myself and not worry about all the other "things" that need to get done. They will get done but sometimes I need to just "be" first. He reminds me that I am beautiful, that I am his angel and ever day to be thankful for things we so many times take for granted. I love him for everything he stands for and I love him most for loving and choosing to spend his life forever with me.y


2- My Dad

 

My dad has been through a lot the last few months and I just want him to know that we are all fighting for him, loving him and baring his burden with him.  I want to be the daughter that he is proud to call his own.  He means so much to me and to my family and when he hurts we hurt.    I know you will get through this and make it out fully recovered and stronger than ever, were all fighting for you. He has always been the strong, caring, loving man that everyone admires, and looks up to.  We love you daddy.

3- Family and Friends
 

 

Aaron and I are incredible blessed to have so many people in our lives that we love and that love us.  They are the people that make us laugh and that we enjoy sharing life with.  They are the people that make us who we are and we wouldn't be the same without each and every single one of them.


4-My Fur-babies

 
 
 Gosh I love these babies.  They are my pride and joy!!  I tell you they really are my kids. They make me laugh, make me want to cry sometimes and make me really really mad sometimes too.  But at the end of the day when I look at their sweet puppy dog faces my heart melts all over again and I know they were especially brought into my life to bring me joy and happiness and teach me the patience I will need when we have our real kiddo's!
 
 
5- The Lord our God
 
Words cannot even express how much God has blessed and changed my life this year.  Through all the storms of my life He has never disappointed and never ceases to amaze me of the love he has for me.  Unconditional, never wavering, always-there-kind-of-love that everyone desires.  I never knew He would bless me with such an amazing husband and family.  Let alone the little things he has done such as perfecting his timing for the job that I had prayed for so many nights, and now helping Aaron and I with the creating our dream home and so many others things our hearts desire.  He is proven to me over and over again that with a little faith and a lot of patience he can do anything and will do anything to make our hearts glad.  For Him I know I am not worthy of all He gives but I am oh, so grateful everyday to wake up to the life He has blessed me with.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment