Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Last Year in my Twenties

I can't believe I just typed that out loud.  Yup, I said it.  It is my last year in my twenties.  I still can't really believe it.  I am 29. twenty. nine.  Yikes, when did that happen?  When did I decide to get so... old. 
This year I decided to keep it very low key.  I haven't really been in the "partying" mood for a few months now.  Call it my lack of alcohol with the fertility medications I am on but I just wasn't feeling it.  Instead, I decided to just have a simple birthday get together at one of my favorite restaurants- Babin's and celebrate that way.
All of my most favorite people showed up and we enjoyed great conversation, some great food and some amazing ice cream cake my hubby surprised me with afterwards.  Too bad I have no pictures of any such celebration.  Such is life.

 
 
Saturday I spent the day with my favorite people while the hubby and brother in law worked all day on the property.  We are down to days before our steak out of the house so it has to be in tip top shape.  My sister, cousin Mike and the kiddos' (my niece and nephew) went out for a walk at Market Street and then finished the day with some well deserved ice cream from Marble Slab.  I have one word for you, well two actually- Chocolate. Devotion.  If you've never had it go. now.  Run if you can.  I decided to be crazy and add some walnuts to mine and let me tell you, it was amazing!!
 
 
Sunday, my actual birthday I woke up to my nephew singing happy Birthday Aunt Ci Ci in my ear.  I swear it doesn't matter how early it is, that kid can bring a smile to my face just by saying my name.  I wonder if my own future kids will have the same effect on me??
 
With the weekend winding down I have to admit I did get a bit sad thinking about my birthday.  For one, my dad wasn't hear to wake me up at 5 am singing happy birthday through my phone.  I think I will miss that every year until I meet him again in heaven.  It was really hard sitting at dinner without him there too, laughing his big belly laugh while sipping on a miller light.  I will try to remember the good that he brought to my life and that it is because of him I am here on this day.  And it is because of him I am the person I have grown to be. 
 

So dad this birthday is for you.  And If I can live another 29 years and have the effect on peoples life like you have then I know I have done good.  I hope only to have an amazing family just like you brought up, to have a person by my side that loved me to my last breath and to have so many people look up to me, admire me, treasure my friendship and thoughts, and most of all loved me just for the person I am.
 
 
So here's to another 29 years.  29 Years of making memories,  29 years to make everlasting friendship and love, 29 years to meet and spend with my future children, 29 years to cherish with my husband, 29 years to travel the world and explore so many new and exciting things, and 29 years to live the best life I possibly can.  Because we all know too soon our time will be up and there will be nothing left but memories of our life- a celebration of who we are.
 

 
I love you dad, thank you for giving me life and a great life at that. 
"Because someone we love is in heaven, there's a little bit of heaven in our home"



No comments:

Post a Comment