Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Dishes Can Wait

So last night after dinner as usual I gave Annie a bath and we played for a good 20 minutes or so.
I splash her, she soaks me.
I feed her bubbles.
She drinks water I pour out of her little gardening pot.

After I dressed and sat her down with daddy I went back to the dishes that were in the sink to finish  washing them.
Annie came up to my side stretching her sweet little hands up to me.
"Maaamaaaa"
"Maaaamaaaa" she cried at my feet.
"Baby Im doing dishes just give me a minute, OK?"
"Maaaahhhh maaaah" she cried some more.
In that instant I just stood there and thought.
What are you doing, stop and hold that baby.

And so I did.

I turned the water off, left the dirty dishes there in the sink and picked her up and held her.
That lasted a whole thirty seconds and then she hopped down and wandered to her room.
She brought out every pair of shoes out she could carry in here arms and we then tried on every pair of shoes until bed time.

Its times like these I want to remember.
Times that I know she wants me.
ME.
Not cartoons, not her toys, me.
She wants to know I love her and that I'm never too busy for her.

To top that off, after we said our prayers she looked up at me said.
"Wuuv Ewww" (Love you)

I'm pretty sure I died a little bit on the inside and went to heaven.

"I love you too sweet girl."
 
Our babies are small.
Snuggle them, hold them and love them because the dishes can wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment